Happy Weekend Villagers,
This weekend’s update has service updates, exciting new upcoming virtual events, and fresh ways to get groceries delivered. Read more to find out what’s happening in your NE Village!
Services:Our goal is to protect our community – members and volunteers alike – from this virus. To that end, changes were made to services to limit our members’ and volunteers’ exposure to COVID-19, while continuing to provide as much support as possible. While we are not entering each other’s homes at this time there are many services Villagers can still receive.
- Errands for groceries or picking up prescriptions, by either pre ordering or providing a list to the volunteer,have eliminated the need for folks to share space.
- Garden and yard work or a walk through the neighborhood, while keeping the required 6-foot social distance is happening.
- Struggling to get laundry accomplished because your machines are downstairs? Worried about the distancing in your apartment’s facilities or that the neighborhood Laundromat is closed entirely? Some volunteers can pick up 2-3 pre-sorted bags of laundry from your porch, wash them, and return them to your porch. Let us know if you need this service.
- BONUS:All members are being contacted by a volunteer to check in, and some of that calling continues weekly. Many members are connecting with each other one-on-one now, too. If this is of interest to you, call the office to be paired with another member or volunteer.
Face Masks:Many stores and markets are now requiring that shoppers wear masks. If you use public transportation or receive rides from others, having a mask will be helpful. Do you have one? Do you need one? Might you be willing and able to make masks for others in our Village community?
If you fall into either of the last two categories, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Go Grandparent is now offering grocery and meal delivery!
The team that brought folks an easy way to use rideshare without a smart phone or the internet have found a way to provide meal delivery and grocery shopping, too.
To reach GoGoGroceries or the GoGoGourmet team, call 1-855-754-5328.
GoGoGroceries welcomes grocery orders from8 AM - 11 PM EST all week including weekends.
GoGoGourmet can help youget mealsfrom local restaurants delivered contact free to your door and their lines are open7 AM - 1 AM every day of the week.
These services are also accessible online.
Additionally, if you are interested in finding restaurants that are available to order from GoGo has an easy to use form that will show you what’s open locally.
Learn more here:https://www.gogogourmet.com/
Book Swap & Exchange:
Have you too been feeling the aches of the public libraries closure? Get your pre-loved books ready! Coming June 1stNEV will be helping members and volunteers facilitate a book swap! Please, check our online forum after June 1st and be sure to read our next update on June 5thfor more information.
Current:Village events are happening online with the help of Zoom! Here’s what’s happening in the next few weeks in your Village.
You may now register for events & meetings online through our new website calendar. You must be signed in to register.
All of the events below are happening virtually on Zoom.
You must register to get a link to join the virtual Zoom event.
RSVP by selecting "Register Now" button in the online calendar.
You will receive a confirmation email with Zoom link and password.
If unable to register online, contact the Village office.
Visit the NEV Calendar Here
Food as Medicine:(Two four-session sections are being offered)
Wednesdays, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.from June 3rd through the 24th
Thursdays, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.from June 4th through the 25th.
There are still openings for this Zoom series offered by nutritionist, Erin Fredericks!!
Participants will learn some principles for nutrition-based strengthening of the immune system, hear the latest research about specific foods that intensify resistance to illness, try out new recipes, and discuss nutrition for healthier aging.
The one-hour long sessions will be highly interactive. Participants should sign up for the full 4-session series by going to the calendar on our website and registeringfor the 1st session of the chosen series. Stay home, stay safe, and stay healthy!
Morning Coffee:Tuesday, June 6thfrom 9 am to 11 am
- Come and gather with us virtually for morning coffee. All are welcome to attend! This event happens every two weeks.
Happy Hour:Tuesday, June 2ndfrom 4 pm to 6 pm
- Come gather virtually to enjoy lively conversation. Share a beverage and unwind!All are welcome to attend! This event happens every two weeks.
Hollywood Senior Center:Looking for more ways to stay active and social during this time? Hollywood Senior Center (HSC) has been actively working to shift onsite activities to remote/virtual programming so that you can continue to participate in the classes and groups that you enjoy and benefit from. HSC at Home Virtual Programming hosts exercise classes, workshops, entertainment, support groups and much more!
Learn more here:http://hollywoodseniorcenter.org/at-home-programming/
If you have questions in the meantime, please contact the Village office email@example.com
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday 10 am to 3pm
Office Phone: 503-895-2750
Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org