Interested in becoming a Village Volunteer? We’re ready to talk with you about the possibilities, and to begin the sign-up process.
In addition to the volunteer services to members, we also need volunteers to work in our office, scheduling volunteer requests from members and other administrative duties, and to work on our various committees. Let us know if interested in these areas.
Steps to becoming a volunteer in Northeast Village PDX
- Fill out our online Volunteer Interest form to let us know you want to become a volunteer.
- Someone from the Village will contact you to set up an interview to introduce you to our village. You will talk about the services you want to provide, your past experience with volunteering, etc.
- You will then be asked to fill out our complete Volunteer Application form during or after the interview.
- Your references will then be checked by someone from the Village
- You will receive an invitation to do a criminal background check online and sign a confidentiality agreement with Villages NW
- You will attend at least one volunteer training session.
You will have an opportunity to accompany a more experienced volunteer on a “ride along” if you choose.
NOTE: If you want to be a driver, there are further steps to complete with Ride Connection. All drivers must first complete the steps above. Contact the Village for more information.
Our immediate needs for volunteers are as follows:
- Check out our Committee page. Many of our committees are interested in adding new people to help with the work and deliberations.
We are accepting applications for service volunteers. Check the list of likely needs here, and if you would like to get on our list of service volunteers, please contact us or fill out the online Volunteer Interest form
Contact our office at 503-895-2750 for more information.