Over the past three years, Villages NW has worked tirelessly to organize neighborhood residents into planning groups and now has SIX grassroots Villages in development across the Portland metro-area—three in Multnomah County, two in Washington County and one in Clackamas County—and we’re not done yet!
The Role of the Villages NW Hub
- Educate the public about Villages as a critical, cost-effective solution for those wishing to age in place.
- Catalyze the emergence of new Villages by assisting Village founders to develop planning groups in their own NW communities.
- Provide Village planning groups with targeted coaching and tactical support at each stage of their Village’s development.
- Fast track the Village creation process by sharing materials, resources, best practices and “lessons learned” among NW Villages.
- Develop Villages NW into an effective regional resource, connecting all the grassroots Pacific Northwest Villages.
- Serve as information central for the regional Village movement, publicizing NW Villages’ events, presentations, and programs open to the public.
- Advocate on behalf of the NW Villages, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Explore cost-savings and economy-of-scale efficiencies that can be achieved by collaboration among NW Villages.
- Negotiate key strategic corporate and organizational partnerships and apply for funding on behalf of the NW Villages.
- Establish a hub and spoke network model for Portland metro-area grassroots Villages, reducing costs, providing key organizational, HR, financial & administrative services, and eliminating the need for each Village to acquire its own 501(c).