Over the past three years, Villages NW has worked tirelessly to organize neighborhood residents into planning groups and now has THREE Villages that are open, and FOUR others in the planning and development stage – and we’re not done yet!
Here is our website: http://villagesnw.org/
The Role of the Villages NW Hub
- Educate the public about Villages as a critical, cost-effective solution for those wishing to age in place.
- Catalyze the emergence of new Villages by assisting Village founders to develop planning groups in their own NW communities.
- Provide Village planning groups with targeted coaching and tactical support at each stage of their Village’s development.
- Fast track the Village creation process by sharing materials, resources, best practices and “lessons learned” among NW Villages.
- Develop Villages NW into an effective regional resource, connecting all the grassroots Pacific Northwest Villages.
- Serve as information central for the regional Village movement, publicizing NW Villages’ events, presentations, and programs open to the public.
- Advocate on behalf of the NW Villages, locally, regionally and nationally.
- Explore cost-savings and economy-of-scale efficiencies that can be achieved by collaboration among NW Villages.
- Negotiate key strategic corporate and organizational partnerships and apply for funding on behalf of the NW Villages.
- Establish a hub and spoke network model for Portland metro-area grassroots Villages, reducing costs, providing key organizational, HR, financial & administrative services, and eliminating the need for each Village to acquire its own 501(c).